• Home
  • NEPAL
  • TIBET
  • BHUTAN
  • INDIA
  • ABOUT US
  • TESTIMONIAL

Place To Visit

Potala Palace
The Potala Palace is one of the most famous architectural masterpieces of the world. It was constructed in the 7th century by the king of Tubo, Srontsan Gampo. On the top of Mt. Putup, it is looming over the whole Lhasa city. As high as 110m, the Potala Palace consists of two palaces - the Red Palace and the White Place. There are over 1000 rooms in the one storeyed palace that covers an area of 10,000 sq. m. It showcased the life of the Dalai Lamas and the important political and religious activities in the past centuries. There are grand palaces within palaces. The palace stands up so high that it resembles a magnificent castle in the heaven. It makes itself a good example of the ancient Tibetan culture and architecture. The statues of the Tubo King Srongtsan Gamoi and his wife Princess Wen Cheng are being worshipped in the Palace. There also stores the world treasure - the gold hand-written Buddhist scriptures, valuable gifts from the Chinese emperors and a lot of priceless antiques. Visitors will be amazed by the colorful sculptures and paintings. The Potala Palace deserves the title of art gallery and museum. It is a symbol of the wisdom and power of the Tibetan people.

Jokhang Monastery
Situated in the centre of the old section of Lhasa, Jokhang Temple was built in the mid-7th century A.D. and later extended by successive rulers. It has now become a gorgeous architectural complex. Located in the east, facing to the west, it is a four- storeyed temple with splendid golden roofs. It has architectural feature of Tang Dynasty and also assimilated very much features from both Nepalese and Indian Buddhist temples. The murals in the temple mainly depict the life stories of historic characters. The temple houses many historical relics since Tang Dynasty and statues of King Songtesn Gampo, Princess Wencheng and Princess Bhrikuti Devi.


Norbulingka
There is a beautiful park in the western suburbs of Lhasa. It used to be the Summer Palace for the Dalai Lamas where they handled political affairs, and practiced religious activities. The construction started in 40s of the 18th century, having more than 370 rooms of different size and lawns in the park shaded by green trees and planted by various flowers. With the clear water, and the flowers and trees around, it is known as the "park within the park"


Barkhor Street
The Barkhor Street is located in the heart of Lhasa encircling the Jokhang Temple. In the past, it was a designated circumambulation circuit, "a saint’s road" in the eyes of Tibetans. Many people call the Barkhor “the window of Tibet” as it exhibits typical Tibetan life. You can watch the pilgrims, wearing their local dress from many different parts of Tibet, as they circle clockwise around Jokhang Temple with prayer wheels, or prostrate them near the front gate.
Sera Monastery
It lies about 5 km to the north of Lhasa along the foot of the mountains at the edge of the valley. It was founded in 1419 by Jamchen Choje, one of the eight disciples of Tsongkhapa, the founder of Gelugpa Sect, covering an area of 114,964 sq. m. The structure is imposing, picturesque in disorder, and splendid in green and gold. It is a typical Tibetan architecture. Sera Monastery, together with Ganden Monastery and Drepung Monastery in Lhasa, is reputed as the Three Great Monasteries of Tibet. One of the most sacred objects in Sera Monastery is the Vajra that is considered to be the prototype of all other Vajras in Tibet. It was found by the tantric adept Dacharpa in Padsambhava’s cave in Drak Yerpa and is now shown to the public only one day a year.


Drepung Monastery
It is situated 8km distance to the western suburb of Lhasa at the foot Mt. Ganpoi Uze. Drepung Monastery, founded in 1416 by Jamyang Choje, a disciple of Tsongkapa, the founder of Gelukpa Sect is one of the three great Gelukpa monasteries near Lhasa. It occupies an area of 250,000 sq. m with a fixed number of 7,700 monks and considers being the largest monastery in Tibet. The monastery keeps plentiful historical relics, Buddhist scriptures, arts and crafts. The Second, Third and Fourth Dalai Lamas all lived and were entombed here. During the time of the Fifth Dalai Lama, Drepung became the centre of political power as well, because the Dalai Lama’s personal residence was transformed into the first administrative centre of the Tibetan government under Gelukpa rule.


Yandro Yumtso Lake
The Yamdok Yumtso, one of the three largest lakes of Tibet, lies about a hundred kilometers' distance to the southwest of Lhasa, within Langkamu county, with an area of 638 square kilometers and a coastal line of 250 kilometers. The deepest point is 60 m. To the interior of the lake ten or so hilly islands stand independently one from the other which give homes to flocks of wild ducks. A lot of colorful ducks and geese are swimming on the surface of the lake. There is also plenty of natural fodder for the fish in the lake. The lake has a fish reserve of about 300 million kilograms. That is why it is called "the Fish Store of Tibet". The coast of the lake is an ideal pasture. All these make scenic backdrop provide an intoxicating picture.

Tashilunpo Monastery
The Tashilhunpo Monastery, the biggest Gelukpa monastery in the Tsang regions of Tibet, sprawls on the slope of Mt. Niser, south-west of Shigatse. It covers an area of about 300,000 square meters with a floor space of about 30,000 square meters. Painted in red and white the buildings in the monastery stand closely together in terraced rows, offering a grand and majestic view. The monastery was founded in 1447 by Gendun Zhuba, one of the principal disciples of the Founder of the Yellow Sect Zongkaba, and was then enlarged consistently by different generations of Panchen Lama until it acquired its present dimensions. Gendun Zhuba was first abbot of the monastery, and in 1600 at the invitation of the monastery, the 4th Panchen Lama became the 16th abbot of it, thus made the monastery abode of the succeeding Panchen Lamas ever since. The Ngagpa College (Tantric College), one of its four monastic colleges, was the residence of the Panchen Lamas, the most amazing image in this monastery is the statue of giant Maitreya (Future Buddha) erected by the 9th Panchen Lama in 1914, and it took four years for its establishment. This giant statue of Maitreya (Future Buddha) stands twenty-six m. in height and 275kg in weight of solid gold, great quantity of precious things such as pearls, turquoises, corals and ambers have absolved for its construction


Ganden Monastery
Located about 40 km east of Lhasa, founded in 1409 by Tsongkapa, the founder of the Gelugpa Sect, it is the earliest of the Three Great Monasteries of Tibet. It was the site where Tsong Khapa first meditated in order to choose a place for the main monastery. Now it is one of the great Gelukpa university monasteries in Tibet. To reach the monastery visitors must cross the Lhasa bridge and head out along the main road in the direction of Medrogungkar. The monastery is on the hillside, hidden from the road itself. About halfway to Medrogungkar we turn sharply right and after a couple of kilometers sharply right again. For the next half we climb up a tortuous series of hairpin bends that lead to the monastery itself.